If you’ve been injured on the job at your workplace, it can be difficult to know where to turn or what to do next. An attorney can help put you on the right path to medical treatment while fighting to compensate you for injuries, lost time & lost wages. While we’d recommend that you seek immediate help as timing can be crucial, especially for the sake of your personal health, if you need confirmation that seeking an attorney is needed for your unique situation, we’ve provided a checklist of sorts to determine if legal advice or represenation should be sought after a work-related injury or incident.
Here’s what to look for:
- Injuries that you would describe as moderate to severe
- Severe injuries that may require surgery
- Disabilities of a pre-existing nature
- You feel that you’d be unable to fulfill the duties of your current job as a result of injury
- You feel that you’d be unable to fulfill the duties of ANY job as a result of inury
- You have questions about your benefits, or feel that you should receive additional benefits
- You are denied medical benefits
- You or your doctor believe that your health will not return to its previous state as a result of injury
- You feel that your injury was caused due to negligence or action of your employer & wish to dispute
- Your employer has disputed, or wishes to dispute, your claim
- You have questions/concerns regarding the workers compensation process that you wish to have addressed
As the final point states, if you have any questions or concerns regarding a work injury, and feel that it may have an impact on your future health and/or earning potential, don’t hesitate to call an attorney right away. Delaying action for something as important as your health & well-being can have life-altering effects. So, if you have been injured, and need help getting the care and compensation you deserve, contact the attorneys at McCoy & Hiestand. We’ll review the details of your case & give you the help you deserve.