Jared Smith is a passionate trial lawyer who genuinely cares for his clients. He is a vigorous advocate in and out of the courtroom and will not hesitate to take a case to trial if he believes a settlement offer is unfair or too low. In his first jury trial, involving a complex product liability matter, Smith was instrumental in earning a $503,000 verdict for his clients.
Smith earned a Bachelor of Arts from Hanover College in 2008, with a major in Psychology. In 2011, Smith earned his Juris Doctor from Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law. He currently serves on the Board of Governors of the Kentucky Justice Association as a District Vice President, one of the youngest members to hold the position. Smith also serves as State Delegate to the American Association for Justice and is one of only sixteen selectees to participate in AAJ’s Leadership Academy in 2017.
Outside of the office and courtroom, Jared enjoys playing soccer and golf. His other real passion, though, is giving back to his community. He does this by regularly volunteering his time to an area non-profit organization called Supplies Over Seas; by organizing a local Angel Tree initiative through the KJA; and by participating in numerous public service projects across the country in association with the AAJ and in 2016, he was named a finalist for the Trial Lawyers Care award.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Hanover College
- Juris Doctor from Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law
- Kentucky Delegate to the American Association for Justice, Kentucky Justice Association – 2016, 2017, 2018
- New Lawyers Division Excellence Award, American Association for Justice, 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017, 2018, 2019
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers – 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Distinguished Young Alumni Award, Hanover College, 2018
- New Lawyer Division Excellence Award, American Association for Justice – 2016, 2017
- Leadership Academy Selectee, American Association for Justice, 2017
- New Lawyers Division Star, American Association for Justice, 2017
- A Trial Lawyers Care Award Finalist by The American Association for Justice, 2016
- TOP 10 under 40 Attorney Award, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- “The Finis Price Outstanding Board Member Award” by the Board of Governors of the Kentucky Justice Association, 2015
- Client Satisfaction Award – 10 Best American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2015-2016